Adopt an Animal
As a part of my contribution to help the zoo, I made annual donations that helped take care of an animal. We could also choose to help by supporting the park’s education efforts, research projects and conservation goals around the world.
Volunteering Our Services
Besides adopting an animal from the zoo and paying for its care, I had also invested my time and efforts towards the zoo.
As a volunteer, I performed various functions around the park, including the following:
- Leading drive-thru tours
- Performing animal watches
- Preparing animal diets
- Working with the animals (after training and approval by zoology staff)
- Assisting with special events
- Helping with office work
- Data entry / bulk mailing
- Running the train ride
- Staffing the information booth
We met every Monday morning at 9:00 am in the White Rhino Event Center to discuss our progress.